Renting a suite from Kay Four Properties
Every property management company has their own way of doing things. When it comes to renting an apartment our procedures are similar to others in Winnipeg. Our method is straight forward and contains certain requirements to ensure that there are no misunderstandings about the suite and about you and your other tenants living in the apartment.
1. Make an appointment to view the apartment with the resident manager. This way you ensure that you are getting what you expected and there are no surprises.
2. Complete an application form (and if necessary an application form for a co-signer). Please fill in all blank lines with your information. We need your birthdate and it is best to provide your social insurance number to do a credit check. Make sure that you have supplied us with the name and phone number of all of your employers and the name of the person who can provide us with a rental reference (current and former landlord). When it comes to the question about your income, we want to know your Gross income before deductions for incomes taxes, CPP and EI. If you are married or have a partner, list that person's information in the Second Applicant Section. We need to know who is living in the suite so please list the names and ages of all children living with you in the Other Residents Section on page 2. The Residential Tenancies Act considers all residents over 18 as tenants and they must fill out an application form. All Applications forms should be completed in full so that our review proceeds smoothly and you get your approval faster.
3. Submit the completed application form(s) together with a security deposit cheque or money order for a ½ month's rent to the resident manager or our office at 1901 Main St. Normally we can't start a review of your application without that deposit and if it's missing that will slow down your application process.
4. Submit a copy of a picture ID such as a driver's license or passport for the Primary and Secondary applicant and your co-signer to confirm who you are. If you submit the forms to the resident manager, they will make note of your ID or we can make photocopies at our office.
5. Submit copies of your paystubs from all of your jobs or other suitable proof of income ie letter of employment for Primary and Secondary applicant and your co-signer stating how much you make per month or year (again we can make a copy at our office).
By following this straight forward procedure you will ensure that we process your application in the shortest possible time and you get the apartment that you can call home.
If you have any questions please call our office at 204-339-0461.